Congratulations! Your bylined article has been published for the world to read. Now what? Take full advantage of your name in print (or online) to make sure as many eyes as possible read your article. Here are important steps to follow to make sure you are getting your content out there:
- Confirm you have permission to reprint, distribute and/or post the article (or a link to the article) to the firm website. (Note: In some cases, the firm may have to purchase reprint rights.)
- Update the attorney’s bio on the firm’s website to mention and/or link to the article.
- Develop a short (two to three sentences) summary enticing readers to view the article and post the teaser, with a link to the article, to the firm’s home page.
- Email the summary with a link to the article (upon permission to share) to clients, prospects and contacts.
- Post the summary, with a link to the firm’s home page, on the attorney’s LinkedIn page, and to any groups of which the attorney is a member. Post it to firm’s LinkedIn page as well.
- Post the summary, with a link to the firm’s home page, with slightly modified teaser copy for each platform – Facebook, Google+, etc. – as appropriate, both personal and firm versions.
- Draft a short sentence with the link to post to Twitter. Use #hashtags as appropriate.
- Submit the article to social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg and Reddit, as appropriate.
- Distribute the article, as appropriate, at speaking engagements.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or for help with securing placement for your article at firstname.lastname@example.org.