Relationship management is one of the bedrocks of content and digital marketing. Yet, most law firms neglect to strategize just how they will engage targets and cultivate relationships through their content and digital marketing efforts. In fact, one of the most essential elements of relationship management – the e-newsletter – is largely an untapped tactic for many law firms.
If the goal of marketing is to usher prospects through the sales funnel by managing the relationship with that prospect via various touch points, i.e., a bylined article, a social media advertisement, a blog post, etc., then one of the best ways to ensure that you reduce the rate of attrition is to communicate directly with your audience and remind them of your value. That is exactly what e-newsletters do. Yet, their effectiveness is only as strong as the strategy behind them.
Here are six key factors every legal marketer should consider when developing an e-newsletter.
- Platform: Which platform will you use to develop your e-newsletter? (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.?)
- Design: What will the newsletter look like? How will you incorporate the firm brand? Will you brand it specific to a practice or attorney?
- Content: What information will the newsletter convey? From where will you source the content?
- Distribution: Who will receive the newsletter? Will it go out monthly, quarterly, etc.?
- Sign-up: How will you get people to sign up for your newsletter? This, in itself, is a key element of relationship management.
- Analytics: What metrics or benchmarks will you establish to gauge the success of your efforts? Make sure you are focusing on conversions.
How Can Jaffe Help You with Your Newsletters?
Applying an integrated model to law firm marketing, Jaffe has the mix of expertise required to help you strategize, execute and analyze your relationship management efforts to maximize their success. We specialize in combining quality branding, content and digital strategies to drive measureable results for your newsletters and other relationship management collateral. Our consultants can help you with every step of the newsletter process, including conception, content, design, analytics, and distribution and engagement strategies.
To learn more about our e-newsletter capabilities, check out our case study about how we refreshed our own newsletter to increase its ROI.