There’s a reason why construction projects have general contractors: Planning and constructing a building is an enormous undertaking, requiring a multidisciplinary set of experts, from architects and engineers to electricians and carpenters. One organization cannot possibly undertake all the work, which is why it’s key to have a party responsible for ensuring subcontractors get things done on time and within budget.
There’s a parallel here with legal marketing. Most law firm marketing directors can write a good press release, manage press inquiries and understand when their firm has a good story to tell. But putting the PR hat on top of their usual dozen-plus other hats often means the activity-juggling becomes too much and something gives. Invariably, the marketing director will need to turn to an outside resource for assistance.
Law firms face situations every day that require outside PR consultants to wield the tools of their trade to get the job done, such as:
- Facing a crisis and needing communications advice and support.
- Having significant news to share (a litigation, a win in court, an important lateral joining, etc.).
- Seeking to raise its profile firmwide and throughout several key practices through ongoing and strategic media relations.
- Not having established relationships with media contacts to regularly promote an attorney or practice.
- Needing help with breaking into a new market.
- Needing assistance with managing or following a cybersecurity breach.
How can Jaffe augment your firm’s PR efforts?
Jaffe has more than 40 years of experience in assisting law firms with media relations efforts. We have established deep relationships with prominent national and regional legal and business publications, and understand what reporters are looking for from legal sources. By learning about your firm, practices and attorneys, we can help determine the value of a specific media opportunity and prepare talking points to ensure that your lawyer gives the best interview possible.
Want more information about how Jaffe can help you with your media opportunities? Contact Vivian Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org.